• Honey is found on 61% of menus and has the highest penetration on fine dining menus.
• Honey usage has grown in the non-alcoholic beverage category. It works as a natural superfood and functional ingredient in many trending, health-focused beverages such as matcha latte, kombucha, and functional juices.
• Honey is growing in the vintage cocktail space. It is used as both a sweetener and a counterbalance to vinegar or bitter liquors like shrubs, Campari, and fernet.
• Chicken and honey pairings are growing through the introduction of southern classics, like chicken thighs, fried chicken sandwiches, and chicken & waffles.
• Honey is recognized for its flavor versatility. Beyond the traditional honey mustard, honey can take on bold, spicy flavors like spicy honey, hot honey, and habanero.
Source: National Honey Board